Stranger Things MEGATHREAD

OlvBrshFnOlvBrshFn Posts: 7Cult Member
edited July 24 in General

I know it's not typical Cult Celebrities website fare, but I thought I'd start a discussion about Season 3 of Stranger Things. As a lover of all things 1980's, I find it absolutely adorable and love this show so much. The characters are absolute gold. Scoops Ahoy!

Stranger Things
  1. What is your favorite season?4 votes
    1. Season 1
      50.00%
    2. Season 2
        0.00%
    3. Season 3
      50.00%

Comments

• gilgildnergilgildner Posts: 12Cult Leader

I love Stranger Things. Although I did love Season 1 a lot (and it might be the technically best season) I think that the latest one was my favorite. They do a really good job of being kitschy in all the right ways, blending both modern and retro soundtracks, and doing some incredible character development.

• OlvBrshFnOlvBrshFn Posts: 7Cult Member

The characters - especially Robin - were what made S3 so great to me!

• SilverPolisherSilverPolisher Posts: 9Cult Member

Did anyone else find it a little annoying that so much of the season was about the jobs at Scoops Ahoy? I find it like super annoying that it's expected everynoe has a summer job. Maybe it's just a period thing, but the concept that high school students can just go out and get jobs that easily and keep them seems unrealistic.

• gilgildnergilgildner Posts: 12Cult Leader

I mean, I had summer jobs as a teenager? Not sure where you are from, but it's common in the US. At least it was 15 years ago for me...

• OlvBrshFnOlvBrshFn Posts: 7Cult Member

I totally had employment during the summer when I was a teenager, and I'm not THAT old. In the 80s and 90s especially, that was more the normality than the exception.

• joedaddy77joedaddy77 Posts: 7Cult Member

Lol look who had to slave away...summer school all the way baby